Accessibility Statement for SkillsHouse.co.uk
At SkillsHouse it is important to us that as many people as possible can access the information on our website. This accessibility statement lays out the measures we have taken to ensure this happens, and covers www.skillshouse.co.uk
The website is continually changing and being updated, therefore if you do find anything inaccessible, please contact us at ESComms@bradford.gov.uk
This website is run by the Comms team of Employment & Skills within Bradford Council and includes:
- All non-text content that is presented to the user has a text alternative
- The visual presentation of text and images of text has a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1
- Text can be resized up to 200% without loss of content or functionality.
- All pages have a skip-to-content button
- Text Line height (line spacing) to at least 1.5 times the font size
- Links are underlined
- Users can pause videos
- Videos contain captions
- Pages contain Structural Elements
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We also aim to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
If you have a disability, AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email ESComms@bradford.gov.uk
In your message please include the following:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your email address and name
- the format you need.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 10 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website and are continuing to audit our content. If you find something that you are unable to access, or we have failed to identify a barrier, please let us know.
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email ESComms@bradford.gov.uk
This statement was prepared on 6th February 2023